Preserve History and Honour the Brave with War Memorial Restoration
War memorial restoration plays a vital role in honouring those that have given their lives in the fight for freedom and good. Our war memorials are the best way of remembering those who have lost their lives in global conflicts—and, by extension, for remembering what they were fighting for in the first place. At Inhof Restoration & Design, we are proud that our restoration skills extend past antiques to include war memorials and other heritage structures.
History of Our War Memorial Restoration at Inhof Restoration & Design
Over the years, we have had the honour of restoring numerous high-profile war memorials in Australia, including:
- Waverley Park Soldiers’ Memorial. This sandstone memorial was erected after World War I to commemorate the soldiers from the area of Waverley in Sydney, who served in that war. Later, an additional plaque was installed as part of the memorial, to honour those who fought in the Korean War and the Vietnam War. Our restoration project involved cleaning some of the stone and regilding the names, which had faded.
- Winged Victory War Memorial. Another WWI memorial, this one honours the 450-plus soldiers from Marrickville who lost their lives during the historic conflict. The monument has had numerous structural and non-structural issues over time and has required restoration on multiple occasions. During the most recent restoration project, we assisted by restoring the heavily faded marble plaque with newly regilded lettering.
In addition to these significant projects, we can help families restore smaller and more private war memorials or gravestones.
Other Services We Provide Related to War Memorial Restoration
Our restoration team is skilled in many areas of conservation, including:
- Heritage restoration. Historic homes, libraries, college buildings and other heritage buildings pose many of the same challenges as memorial restoration. Our skills with gilding, cabinetry, lacquer, and other types of refurbishment make us an ideal partner for any heritage building restoration.
- Furniture restoration. We regularly work with customers to revive their antique furniture pieces. From minor imperfections and wear and tear to major structural damage, we can correct many of the issues that tend to befall antique furniture pieces over time. Our goal is to restore these pieces to their original condition while still preserving their character and appeal.
- Clock restoration. Grandfather clocks and other antique clocks are often passed down from generation to generation as prized family heirlooms. We can take old clocks apart, clean and restore individual pieces of the cases and can recommend a qualified clock restorer for the movement.
About Inhof Restoration & Design
Our business has been operating since 1990, offering restoration work on everything from statues to artwork and beyond. Our two owners have a combined total of 80 years of restoration and conservation training and come from prestigious European training backgrounds. Whether you need help conserving the history of a war memorial, saving the beauty of a heritage building or saving a gorgeous piece of antique furniture from the rubbish pile, we can help. Contact us today to learn more about our services for war memorial restoration, heritage building restoration, furniture restoration or whatever you may need.